- Check our homepage announcements for upcoming hours
- All visitors to the dispensary will be required to wear masks or other facial coverings
- Place an order here
To reduce risk, MOCA has put the following policies in place:
- Anyone working at MOCA (including staff, security guards, and vendors) has their temperature checked daily before starting work. If their temperature exceeds 99.9 degrees, they will not be allowed on-site
- Cashiers wear gloves and change them often
- Staff wash hands for 20 seconds at least every 30 minutes
- Staff sanitize hands in between washing
- High-touch surfaces are sanitized every 30 minutes
- Live chat is now available on our website to assist customers remotely
In the event that one of our staff tests positive for COVID-19:
- We will close temporarily for a deep clean and facility-wide sanitization
- Every staff member will be required to get a negative test before they are allowed to return to work
December 2020 Update
We have recently received questions regarding the reasons behind our recent temporary closure of MOCA Logan Square. We want to assure our community that there is no COVID-19 outbreak at MOCA.
For full transparency, one employee working at MOCA Logan Square received a false positive on a rapid COVID-19 test in early December 2020. After getting results from a more accurate PCR test, it was determined that this employee was not infected.
Out of an overabundance of caution during this time, we closed MOCA Logan Square for a professional deep clean, and used contact tracing and camera footage to determine the very small number of staff members who had been potentially exposed. Every single employee, including the majority who had no potential exposure, underwent testing at MOCA’s expense and tested negative before returning to work.
In the nine months since the pandemic began, MOCA Logan Square has had zero positive test cases despite remaining open the entire time. MOCA River North has had a single positive test. In that instance, after closing temporarily to test the entire staff, the virus was determined to be isolated to only that individual, due to the diligent safety and social distancing efforts our entire team is committed to every day.
We take COVID-19 extremely seriously as a medical dispensary, and have since day one, even taking extra measures like providing free PPE to staff, requiring masks before any official directives to do so, and thoroughly testing our staff at the first sign of a potential incident.
As this is an ongoing concern, we plan to address every future potential incident with the same dedication to the safety of our staff, vendors and visitors.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we strongly recommend placing a preorder for priority entry, fastest pickup and guaranteed service. Wait times and availability for walk-ins vary due to social distancing measures.
To reduce the amount of time spent waiting in the dispensary, please make sure you arrive sometime during your appointment window. Walk-in orders may experience longer wait times.
Please don’t come to the dispensary if you’re feeling ill or have been exposed to a person with a suspected case of COVID-19. While in the store, wash your hands and make an effort to not touch surfaces more than necessary.
The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public setting, providing guidelines and simple, no-sew instructions here. All visitors to the dispensary will be required to wear a mask or other facial covering, and to keep their mouth and nose covered the entire time they’re indoors. We will have a limited number of disposable masks available for those who forget their mask at home.
If you have recently traveled to a state with high levels of COVID-19, you are required to quarantine for fourteen days after arriving back in Chicago. Violation of the Emergency Travel Order can result in daily fines of $100 – $500.
Please be extra mindful of personal space and try to maintain 6 feet of distance from other visitors. Please limit nonessential conversation so that we may assist people as quickly as possible and minimize social interaction. We encourage all high-risk patients to send a caregiver to the dispensary in their place.
Reduce Risk While Using Cannabis
- Don’t pass joints, blunts or glass pieces. Consider one-hitters or personal joints and bowls instead.
- Don’t share vapes.
- According to the CDC, hard surfaces can be sterilized with alcohol solutions (like rubbing alcohol) with at least 70% alcohol, diluted bleach solutions (1/3 cup bleach per gallon of water), or EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Individually-wrapped edibles allow you to share an experience with friends without sharing germs.
- For more information on best practices to slow the spread, visit cdc.gov